Budgeting for School Snack and Breakfast Programs
When estimating how much funding is needed to operate your school snack or breakfast program, consider the following:
- Number of students expected to attend the program, on average, each day;
- Number of days the program will run per school year; and
- Estimated cost to serve a snack per student, per day (.65 cents) or breakfast ($1.00); your costs could be cheaper
- How much will you need to fundraise per year to cover your costs?
- How can you better budget your spending and/or fundraise more effectively?
Always keep your finances specific to your breakfast and snack programs in a separate ledger for easier tracking and required reporting.
Contact us for help with budgeting, available funding and fundraising ideas. You can run a successful student nutrition program!