About York Region Food for Learning
York Region Food for Learning provides expertise, funding, and resources to develop and sustain breakfast and snack programs in York Region schools.
Programs are carried out at York Region schools and other sites across the 9 municipalities of: Aurora, East Gwillimbury, Georgina, King Township, Markham, Newmarket, Richmond Hill, Vaughan, and Whitchurch-Stouffville.
All students in York Region will have access to inclusive nutrition programs within the school community that support their learning and health.
HOW WE HELP SCHOOLS IN YORK REGION
- Advise about program start-up, management, student nutrition and menu planning
- Distribute funding, as available
- Assist with obtaining other funds, food donations and equipment
- Present to school councils or staff in support of student nutrition programs
- Assist with regulatory requirements relating to food safety and storage
- Assist with identifying and using community resources
- Assist with building local partnerships
- Increase awareness of York Region Food for Learning
- Advocate for student nutrition programs at the local and provincial level
- Support the training of local volunteers in order to deliver student nutrition programs
We are a diverse community partnership dedicated to supporting breakfast and snack programs in schools. Our partnerships include:
DONORS & SUPPORTERS
Many organizations, local businesses and individuals have generously supported school breakfast and snack programs throughout York Region.